One Word 2016

For several years now, I have been interested in the One Word movement.  Several of my educator friends were inspired by the book, One Word That Will Change Your Life  and had done activities for both themselves and the learners in their classrooms relating to it at the start of each calendar year.  The idea behind it is that instead of a long list of resolutions, you narrow your focus by choosing one word.  The word permeates all of the actions you take and goals you wish to achieve throughout the year.

It was an intriguing concept and I turned it over and over in my head, but I had a problem.

I could not for the life of me decide on a word.

Every year, I would gear up for January, thinking that this was the year.  How hard can it be to pick a word and stick to it?  Words like joy, balance, gratitude, inspire, change, relax, dance, be, live, wonder, rest swarmed my brain until I just declared defeat sometime around February of every year.

This year, though, is different.

This year, I am not struggling.

This year, my word chose me.


Image created using Haiku Deck


I'm a coach and I strive to understand more than I seek to be understood, but I must also pay attention to my own thoughts, dreams and ideas.  To find a balance between my role and who I am means I must listen...and honor both.

What's your #oneword2016?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

Jamming out with Jamboard

TMST: An Apple A Day