An Apple a Week Blog Series Kickoff

Welcome to the new year!  


2018 brings us new adventures and  it seems like the perfect time to share with you one of my goals.  As Coppell is 1:1 in grades 4-12 and iPad and MacBook heavy in all grades, I started thinking about why our district uses Apple programs and devices to support deeper learning.  


What makes us use Apple in Education?  The facts say…
  • We have 1:1 iPads.
  • 3 of our schools are recognized as Apple Distinguished Schools.
  • We have several Apple Distinguished Educators in our district.
  • Many of our teachers have become Apple Teachers over the past year.

But truthfully,  in order to truly impact our learners, it must go deeper than that.  Those of us that became Apple Teachers, what are we doing with that knowledge? How do we take what we know about the ease of use in Apple programs to design deeper learning experiences?


This winter, you are invited to learn with me and some of my coaching team as we explore Apple’s foundational programs and how they can impact learning.  Each week, I will blog or link to a blog that highlights a different foundational program from Apple.  




Let’s kick things off by reflecting on our “why”...take some time to think about this question:


Why is Apple in Education important to learning?


I answered with my answer on the Flipgrid.  Take a minute to visit, watch and record yours.


I can’t wait to learn with you!


Not an Apple Teacher yet?  Begin your journey to become an Apple Teacher here.
https://www.apple.com/education/apple-teacher/


Get started with week 1's post on Keynote!

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for this series as both a loyal reader of your blog and a contributor in an upcoming post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m eager to learn more about these experiences! Sounds like your new year has been very busy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard