TMST: This post is EPIC!


Have you ever wished you had a library of digital books that was customized to the interests of each learner from your class? What if those books were not only digital, but included read to me and audiobooks as well?

Well, my friends, meet Epic!


No, Epic! is not some brand new, shiny digital tool that will transform your entire classroom world with one click or tap.  One app rarely can.  In case you missed my earlier posts, learning is not about the tool.  


But Epic! is an app that provides an online digital library that is customized to learner interest.  It won't solve every problem you ever had, but it can be a great resource in your toolbelt to promote reading and provide learners with different reading choices.


It isn't new, but it has purpose.  

For the learner who's read everything in your classroom library.  For the time you wish the library had just a few more weather books.  For the reader that just isn't feeling motivated to read unless it means they get to read about what they are passionate about. For the learner who struggles to read but could listen to reading.




Epic is free for educators. Simply set up an account, set the age of your kids, and then create a profile for each of your learners. With a tap, they will get to select books that THEY want to read or have read to them.  


Fostering a love of reading is not just about technology, but when the two meet, amazing things can happen.

And that, to me, is pretty Epic!



What tool is not new to you, but serves a meaningful purpose worth mentioning?




Comments

  1. Alli, I love this!! I started using Epic with my learners last year and I am about to introduce it to my current class! I love your TMST's! Epic rocks...and so do you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard