Learning is Messy

Happy Monday, Readers!

This won't be long, just a quick reflection and reminder.  I am currently learning something that feels foreign to me.  A new language, if you will.  As a high achiever, I am longing for the time when it will be easier, but I am stuck in the struggle.  

It reminds me that the process of learning is messy and it is supposed to be hard.  If it is too easy, I am not learning.  

It reminds me that mindsets are fluid.  I don't always have a growth mindset and you probably don't either.  After all, we don't "achieve" growth mindsets, we work at them.

It reminds me that I don't have to be the expert right away.  Learning takes time and patience.

It reminds me that if I feel this way, you and our kids might feel this way sometimes too.

Learning is messy, but when we work at it, it is so worth it.

Hang in there, readers, and I will too.


Image created in Pablo by Buffer

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard