Summer Learning 2018

One of my favorite things about learning is that it can happen any place at any time.  That means that your summer professional learning can look however you design it.  


Will you meet a teammate to talk about an article or blog you read over coffee?

Will you listen to a new podcast by the pool or the beach?

Will you watch a Ted Talk while running on the treadmill?


Whatever you choose to do, remember that the summer is a chance for you to rest and relax, and hopefully also allow you to enjoy a slower pace.  I do my best learning when I am not stressed out and do it on my own time.  Consider your school year mantra..."If I only had more time to spend learning about..."

My team is offering several structured learning experiences this summer...some virtual, some face to face.  Check out the graphic below to learn about what is available!

Image Created in Canva by Megan Kozar
There are 2 ways to participate in the  DLC PL Conference happening on Tuesday, June 5th if you are in Coppell ISD  - as a participant AND/OR as a facilitator.  The call for proposals is now open for educators that want to share in different ways!

*limited to Coppell ISD only

*limited to Coppell ISD only

Lastly, if you are looking for other opportunities to learn this summer, check out this collection of summer learning throughout the DFW area that my teammate, Trisha Goins, curated.



How will you choose to learn this summer?  As a fellow learning nerd, I would LOVE to read about it in the comments!







Comments

  1. This is a great list of inspirational ideas for summer learning! I've asked all of the teachers I work with directly what they're planning on digging into over the summer and they almost all have an immediate answer :-) That's why teachers are amazing humans! Even when they have a break, they keep working! I hope your digital learning conference goes well, if I was in the area, I'd totally sign up :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard