TMST: Podcast Learning Anytime

In this day and time, there are no restrictions on how, when and the type of learning we choose.  Gone are the days where you have to attend PD in order to build skills, be inspired and make a change.  It truly is one of this self-appointed learning nerd's favorite things because we can choose to be in a state of learning anytime.  

I am always exploring new ways to learn and was inspired by my friend and fellow DLC Sam Neal to try out some educational podcasts.  Podcasts are great because you can listen and learn on your phone while driving in the car, taking a shower and/or waiting in line for something.  

If you are like me, searching for Podcasts can be a little overwhelming.  I was so thankful that Sam shared a curated list of some of her favorites.  Check out her list below!


wakeletPowered by Wakelet

wakelet Powered by Wakelet

So this week, I challenge you to listen to an episode one of these and share something you learn or are inspired by OR let me know a podcast you are listening to that is inspiring you!




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! I just added a new favorite: 10 Minute Teacher Show by @coolcatteacher - perfect for my drive to school! I can't wait to see what your readers share. I hope to be adding some great new podcasts to the board from their comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just subscribed to the ten minute teacher show and the truth for teachers. I'm excited to learn more on my commute, as well! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite PD is the time I spend scrolling through Twitter in my PJs and fuzzy bunny slippers! I haven't explored podcasts yet. Which ones do you recommend for coaches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I am so glad we are blogging buddies! Thank you for commenting! This is going to sound kind of kooky, but Oprah's Soul Sessions is one of my "go-to" listens. I think the more we understand about ourselves and others, the better coaches we become! :) . Can't wait to learn with you this year!

      Delete
  4. Hi Alli! One of my favorites is definitely Note to Self. They do such great work highlighting the challenges and awesomeness of living in a technology-rich age, and debating how to navigate the decisions it presents. It's not education-based, but brings up many great points for us to consider as we're working with young people working through growing up in a digital time.
    https://www.wnyc.org/shows/notetoself

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard