TMST: Techno Treats


Happy Halloween, Readers!

My blog today is devoted to providing you some quick "techno" treats, aka things that are rocking my world this week!





1.  FlipGrid Connections and Discovery 

Did you ever wish you could find other classrooms' global projects and invite others to participate easily in yours?  Put down the Google Search because FlipGrid's new Connections area changes the game.  





Also exciting is the new Discovery section.  Not only can you search for topics to add to your own grids, but you can add and share topics with other educators too.  This feature is great when you want to share a topic out with other classrooms, but you don't want to include learner videos.  They act as "templates" only.


2.  Seesaw Activities


I am loving the addition of the ability to assign and create activities for learners in Seesaw.  Not only does it organize submissions within Seesaw, but it provides you with some new ideas to add to your class.  My friend, Megan has written an amazing blog over at her site, The Lightbulb Lab all about it so let's link over there to learn more!



Excited about what you learned and ready to try Activities?  Here's an extra treat for you - Seesaw icons that can be copied and shared!


3.  Voting and grading tools in Padlet

Padlet has always been a favorite tool for sharing, reflecting and crowd-sourcing ideas.  Learners easily can share a stickie to the board that includes video, pictures or text.  It is such an easy tool to launch and use even with littles, and I am SO excited to see that it now lets you turn on options for voting and grading posts!  Take a deeper look into this feature at the Padlet blog linked below!








Which of these treats might YOU try this month?  What can I do to help?  Let me know in the comments!!


Comments

  1. LOVE all your TREATS this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can vote on Padlet?!? That is awesome! Thank you for sharing Alli, I can’t wait to try t his with a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS LOVE reading your posts. I need to be more active with SeeSaw!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome suggestions! Thanks so much, I'm definitely passing these on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently added a couple Padlet discussion boards to my lessons, so my kids can see the new features Padlet offers! Thanks for sharing it with us at Curriculum Writing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard