TMST: Reworking Review

Every educator has a "toolbox" of activities and strategies to use in a pinch.

I don't always highlight tools because it is not about the tools, however, I've been working with a couple lately that I can't resist sharing. 

A few weeks ago, I got to work with some educators that were designing some spiraled review stations for our learners.  It gave me the opportunity to dive deeper into a couple of tools that can be customized to highlight content and skills in a fun and gamified way.

Deck.Toys

 

Learner using Deck.Toys before a quick CFA
Deck.Toys allows educators to create digital pathways to help learners check for understanding of a variety of concepts. With a variety of activity modes as well as features like locks, these pathways provide the support learners may need while also adding some creative fun. Think choose your own adventure, but with content! You can pull content in from Quizlet or create your own content from scratch using a CSV file.


Try it out by testing these examples:





Gimkit.com  


Working at their own pace in GimKit
GimKit is a self-paced assessment game similar to Quizzizz or Kahoot. Learners earn money for correct answers that allows them to buy things within the game. Created by a student, educators are also able to see how learners answered from reports after the game. You can pull content in from Quizlet or create your own content from scratch using a CSV file.







My mom always said "Practice makes perfect", but I was the type of kid who got bored quickly and easily.  I wonder what it would have been like if I got to challenge myself through activities like these instead of only on paper worksheets?

Which one will you try first?  Let me know in the comments!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

Jamming out with Jamboard

TMST: An Apple A Day