TMST: Crazy 'bout Clips

Some days as a DLC I am reminded that my job is pretty fun.  Tinkering with new things helps me learn and being the learning nerd I am, that makes me pretty happy.  

The other day,  I took some time to explore a new app from Apple, Clips.  Clips lets you create movies using a series of video, transition and subtitle clips.  It makes movie creation a little more fun, while being super easy too.  



Things I love about Clips:

  • no login needed
  • start and stop recording seamlessly
  • filters to make videos more interesting
  • subtitles automatically added when recording - great for ELL's and emergent readers
  • easy title slide editing
  • import media or record from the app
  • music options that don't distract
  • share to camera roll or open in other apps


What would #dlcoachalli do with Clips?

  • Make nerdy example videos for introducing content (like on my blog!)
  • Have learners explain the steps in a process, create a procedural text video or reflection of learning
  • Use photos and call out graphics within a Clips video to explain thinking
  • Provide learners quick video directions in Schoology or at stations
  • Help you design learning experiences where the learners create masterpieces connected to content
AND MORE! 

I found the post linked below from TeacherCast to be helpful when learning about using Clips in the classroom and hope you do too.



Want to talk more about Clips or feeling inspired to try it? I'd love to design with you!


How would YOU use Clips in your classroom?  Let me know in the comments!






Comments

  1. Hi Alli, I am one of your Blogging Buddies! Things have been a bit crazy for me after the groups were formed because my oldest son graduated with his Master's. I am the lone Educational Technologist at my school and I am so looking forward to having others to share with and learn from. I love this post about Clips. I think our elementary teachers would love this. I am also a huge FlipGrid fan and have been working to get a few teachers using it. I have a few early adopters and a large number that are just trying to survive. Looking forward to sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard