TMST: Skitch

This is NOT a drill.

Y'all.  SKITCH is back. 

No, I am not referring to Lilo's friend from that cute movie.  I am referring to one of my TOP 10 favorite apps that was taken OUT of the App store for some CRAZY reason.

Skitch for iPad is officially back in the app store, which means that our learners can get back to annotating images to their hearts content without being forced to use only Skitch for Mac (which is also great, check it out here).





Why is this so important to me?  With the Skitch app, learners can:

  • Snap a picture of a text they are reading and use the highlighter to locate key vocabulary or spelling rules during word work.
  • Create captions for images to be added to a class book.
  • Practice locating and labeling non-fiction text features.
  • Locate shapes, lines, angles, etc. "hiding" in famous art or in their own photographs.
  • Label parts of  body systems, food webs, weather cycles, flowers, etc.
  • Annotate a map with regions, cardinal directions or important landmarks.

Don't take it only from me.  Check out these awesome resources to learn more about how educators are using Skitch in the classroom!

I'd write more, but some awesome images are begging me to create them using Skitch!  What can YOU and your learners create using Skitch? Let me know in the comments!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me with Keynote

TMST: An Apple A Day

Jamming out with Jamboard